Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rolled hem learning curve -un accomplished


I churned out those cantankerous flannel unpaper towels, in short - I hate them. But aren't they pretty pictured. I still haven't mastered the rolled hem learning curve. I only managed to get one end evenly flat, the rest are a bumpy, stitch skipping mess. Maybe a larger rolled hem would work better? I have also found that while the concept of unpaper towels are great, I think that the fabrics they are made with should stick to birdseye and terrry towelling. Flannel pills way too much, it isn't a surface you would want to put a crumby snack onto -case in point, I ate crackers on mine and in an attempt to lick the crumbs off I got flannel lint in my mouth. Which, acutally leads to a very unbalanced benefical aspect of flannel unpaper towels - they hold crumbs. Holding tight to the crumbs is great when you have an itchy child like my 3 yr old, he's always getting up and making a mess. The down side is when I tried to shake, rub and shimmy cake crumbs off our flannel unpaper towels they hardly budged. I'm thinking my inability to clean these throughly before dropping them in the hamper could easly lead to unwanted six leg visitors. My guess is as good as your as to what I should actually use these for now. They are all new (except the three we used) and made with new material. My mother thinks they would make excellent night training absorbant pads, I'm not too sure on that. Any other suggestions are welcome.

No comments: